Aly Fadly, Location Coordinator
The mission of the Avian Disease and Oncology Laboratory is "to provide leadership in solving current and future problems in neoplastic and other viral diseases of poultry using basic and applied multidisciplinary team approaches thereby benefiting the poultry industry and consumers." The Unit continues to apply biotechnology together with traditional technologies to solve practical problems in the control of poultry diseases, particularly Marek's disease and avian retrovirus infections. The unit is also leading the national research effort to map the chicken genome, which should improve disease control and poultry production through modern techniques for genetic selection and breeding.
The mission of the Sugarbeet and Bean Research Unit is to 1) develop physiological, biochemical, molecular, and genetic strategies and technologies that will improve production efficiency, food quality, and disease resistance, and result in new germplasm and improved varieties of dry beans and sugarbeets; and 2) develop new and/or improved engineering methods and technologies for assessing, grading, and sorting tree fruits and vegetables to assure their postharvest quality, wholesomeness, and marketability.
Environmental Management System Policy Statement
In order to protect human health and the environment and to become leaders in environmental stewardship through excellence in environmental, transportation and energy-related activities, it is the policy of the East Lansing Location to:
· Systematically identify and actively manage environmental aspects that are present at
· Fully comply with related Federal, State and Local regulations applying to these environmental aspects.
· Utilize the pollution prevention and conservation practices.
· Reduce, reuse and recycle solid waste.
· Reduce hazardous waste disposal and costs.
· Maintain an
· Continually develop goals and objectives by identifying impacts, legal requirements, objectives and improvements.
· Implement activities and operations (i.e., training, recycling, proactive procurement, and activities documentation).
· Monitor and measure status of program objectives, the system and procedures.
· Annually review