Page Banner

United States Department of Agriculture

Agricultural Research Service

Employee Resources

General Employee Information:
Axon (Intranet) • Benefits Directories  Emergency GOV-Fuel • Government Property •  Health & Safety •  Manuscripts / ProjectsPay & Leave • Policies Purchasing • Training Travel / Relocation • SharePoint Visitors (Citizen/Non-Citizen)  

Miscellaneous Information: 
Calendars FAQ's • Images •  Libraries • Property

Standard Operating Procedures for administrative procedures can be found at P:\Admin\SOPs

General Employee Information:

back to top 


back to top 

  • Pay and Leave

Time Sheet| EOP| EPP| Leave Transfer Program| Overtime Authorization| Comp Time

back to top  


back to top


Travel Steps| Travel Card| Contributed or Foreign| Relocation

What do you need to do for travel? (Click highlighted text below for PDF)
For additional information please see also the GovTrip and Temporary Duty Travel Web Site

NPARL Travel Procedures (PDF; 54 KB)  

back to top 

Miscellaneous Information

  • Calendars
  • Frequently Asked Questions for New Employees
    • What are the office hours?
      Core office hours are 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM, although employees are allowed a flexible schedule with supervisor permission.

    • How many people are employed here?
      There are 47 permanent full time employees. During the summer season, employment can increase up to 70-75 people.

    •  What to do if I am expecting a visitor (U.S. citizen)?
      All visitors must sign in at the front desk and receive a visitors badge.

    • How often do I get paid?
      Paychecks are issued bi-weekly and you will receive your first pay check 3 weeks after you begin duty.  

    • How do I access SharePoint? (use MS Internet Explorer only)
      Go to and sign on using your email ID and password.

    • How do I access the ARS Intranet? Click on Axon, use the same username and password as your e-mail, typically arsnet\first.lastname.

  • Property

    • Can I use work computers or other government property for personal use?
      Please read P&P 253.4 and/or USDA's Office of Ethics Newsletter, page 5.

    • What do I do if I need to remove government owned items off location?
      A Property Pass (Form AD-873) must be on file. Please check with the property management officer or administrative officer for further questions .

    • How do I get repair or maintenance done in my office or lab?
      Fill out a work order (PDF; 240 KB) and turn in to the maintenance department.

    • How do I get keys to perform my duties in other buildings?
      See standard procedures for key dissemination (PDF; 103 KB).

    • What to do if I am expecting a visitor (U.S. citizen)?
      All visitors must sign in at the front desk and receive a visitors badge.

    • Where can I look for a permanent federal job?

Last Modified: 2/20/2015
Footer Content Back to Top of Page