Travel Related P&Ps and Bulletins:
REE Administrative Issuances:
Back to Top
Customer Service Plan:
The Northern Plains Area Office is committed to providing quality fiscal and travel services to its customers. This defines expectations to be provided for all significant services.
Identification of Customers
- ARS: Employee’s of the Area Office, Headquarter’s personnel and NPA location’s staff.
- Individuals outside Agency or Government traveling for ARS.
- Other Federal agencies or private companies having reimbursable or trust funds with NPA.
Description of Section Services
The Budget & Fiscal section consists of an Area Transportation Assistant, Area Budget & Fiscal Officer, Budget Analyst and Budget Assistant. The section is responsible for providing to the NPA locations day to day fiscal and travel support including:
- Coordination of Annual Resource Management Planning (ARMP) process.
- Direction, technical guidance and service on policies and procedures for foreign and domestic travel, relocation and transportation and resolution of unusual and difficult travel and transportation issues.
- Foreign travel related services: Passport/Visa requirements, etc.
- Direction, technical guidance and service for funds control including status of funds reporting, budgeting and financial issues.
- Establish and maintain NPA account code structure.
- Provide liaison between locations and Headquarters.
- Reimbursable and trust fund agreement services.
- Assistance and training in operation of NFC’s electronic travel system and approved Headquarter’s released programs; ie, CATS, SAMS, CAM, ARMPS, FFIS, etc.
- Authorize and monitor funds available to Universities through HHS Letter of Credit in accordance with Specific Research Agreements.
Customer Service Standards
- Treat all customers courteously and with respect.
- Maintain good working relationship with NPA locations Headquarters and outside organizations.
- Network with other Area Office sections to facilitate delivery of administrative and financial management services requested by customers.
- Respond to inquiries promptly; when necessary provide follow up information as it becomes known to keep customer apprized of the status of action.
- Participate in monthly teleconferences with Headquarters personnel and other ARS areas.
- Contribute to weekly newsletter for distribution to NPA locations with latest up-to-date information.
- Provide back-up personnel to assist with inquiries and questions during absences from office.
- Meet mandated or congressional requirements and other Agency specific policies re travel, funds control and budget planning and execution.
- Provide FMD with requested travel and financial reports no later than due date.
Back to Top
* Indicates external link