Research Agricultural Engineer
US Dairy Forage Research Center
USDA-Agricultural Research Service
BS, Agricultural Engineering, 1971, Cornell University
MSE, Environmental Engineering, 1973, Purdue University
PhD, Agricultural Waste Management; (Minors: Soil and
Water Engineering, Soil Science), 1978, Cornell University
Phone: (608) 890-0067
Fax: (608) 890-0076
• Improving nutrient digestibility to enhance forage utilization in lactating
dairy cow feeding systems.
• Value-added products from forages and biomass energy crops.
• Integrated feedstock supply systems for corn stover biomass.
• Redesigning forage germplasm and production systems for efficiency, profit,
and sustainability of dairy farms.
• Silage quality and losses as affected by silo type.
Link to scientist's current research