My current position –
2011- Present. Research Soil Scientist (Post-Doc).USDA-ARS-SJVASC Parlier, CA.
- Main Project- “Resource Assessment Framework for Dependable Feedstock Supply to Produce Advanced Biofuels in Maui, Hawaii”.
1) Improving Pomogranate fertigation and Nitrogen Use efficiency with Drip Irrigation Systems.
2) Post-plant fumigation with dimethyl disulfide (DMDS)
3) The effects of TIF tarp, reduced fumigation rates, and carbonation of fumigants on fumigation efficacy, fumigant concentration changes in soil, and emission reductions.
• For the 4 projects- My main interest is soil carbon storage and how it is affected under different management practices such as: irrigation, fertigation, fumigation and plant selection. I am responsible of the analysis and data interpretation of different chemical and physical analysis of soils and plants.
Ph.D. 2010 The Ohio State University-School of Environment and Natural Resources, Columbus, OH. Soil Science
Dissertation title- “A Lysimeter Study of Vadose Zone Porosity and
Water Movement in Gypsum Amended Soils”.
M.S. 2005 University of Puerto Rico, College of Agricultural Science, Mayaguez Campus, Puerto Rico. Agronomy and Soil Science
Thesis title- “Soil compaction effects on the establishment of three tropical tree species”.
B.S. 2001 University of Puerto Rico, College of Agricultural Science, Mayaguez Campus, Puerto Rico. Animal Husbandry