You are here:
Beltsville Area Home
/ Food Surveys
/ What Is FNDDS and How Can You Use It
|What Is FNDDS and How Can You Use It
WHAT IS FNDDS?
- Database of foods, their nutrient values, and weights for typical food portions
- Includes 10 data files, plus comprehensive documentation and user's guide for ease of use
- Used to analyze data from the survey What We Eat in America(WWEIA), the dietary intake component of the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES).
- Underlying food composition data are from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference
HOW CAN YOU USE FNDDS?
- In research projects using What We Eat in America, NHANES data
- In other dietary research studies to:
- Code foods and amounts eaten
- Calculate the amounts of nutrients/food components in those foods
APPLICATIONS OF FNDDS
Versions and Citations