This page provides access to Release 27 of the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference. You can either view the data here or download the data files and documentation in several different formats for use on your computer. An online search is also provided so you can look up the nutrient content of 8,618 different foods directly from this home page.
The suggested citation for this database is:
U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service. 2014. USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, Release 27. Nutrient Data Laboratory Home Page, http://www.ars.usda.gov/ba/bhnrc/ndl
- Search the database online
- Ground beef calculator
- Individual food reports of all the foods in the database--includes scientific name, refuse, and nutrient content.
- Nutrient lists for selected foods and nutrients. These lists, formerly available as PDF files are now integrated into the online search program. You can select up to three nutrients, sorted either by food description or in descending order by nutrient content in terms of common household measures. You can also limit the search to one several, or all food groups.
You will need the Adobe® Reader® viewer to view these reports. These reports can also be downloaded to your PC and/or printed on your printer.
- Download the SR27 files for use on your computer.
- SR27 documentation describing all the files, their fields and relationships accompanies the database and can be viewed online.
SR27 Data Files (ASCII)
Updates to Earlier Releases
These files are for those users who have built their own database and wish to perform their own updates: