|1980 Ph.D. Plant Breeding and Cytogenetics, Iowa State University
1976 M.S. Plant and Soil Science, University of Tennessee
1974 B.S. Biology, Central Michigan University
2005 - present: Organic Agriculture Research and Extension Initiative (OREI)
- As a project leader for the outreach aspect of the OREI grant (The Organic Seed Partnership), I was responsible for the development and maintenance of programs geared toward education for organic farming communities in various aspects of seed production.
2002 - 2005: Initiative for Future Agricultural and Food Systems (IFAFS) Plant Genome Project
- As a project leader for the outreach aspect of the IFAFS grant (The Public Seed Initiative), I was responsible for the development and maintenance of programs geared toward education for organic farming communities in various aspects of seed production.
1993 - 1997: Development and Conservation of Plant Genetic Resources for the Western Mediterranean Region funded by Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR)
- This project linked ICARDA, the Centre for Legumes in Mediterranean Agriculture (CLIMA), North African countries (Morocco and Tunisia), South Asian countries (Pakistan, Nepal and Bangladesh) and Ethiopia.
1998 - 2000: Development and Conservation of Plant Genetic Resources from the Central Asian Republics and Associated Regions funded by ACIAR
- Due to the success of the previously mentioned project, ACIAR granted me funding for this additional project
1997 - 1999: Preservation and Utilization of the Unique Pulse and Cereal Genetic Resources of the Vavilov Institute funded by the Australian Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC)
- This project linked ICARDA with the Vavilov Institute.