Deborah A. Samac
You are here:
Midwest Area Home
/ Plant Science Research
/ People & Places
Research Plant Pathologist
B.A., The Colorado College, Biology
Ph.D., University of Wisconsin-Madison, Plant Pathology
- Disease resistance mechanisms in alfalfa.
- Identifying genes controlling plant disease defense responses.
- Plant tissue culture and genetic transformation.
- Developing alfalfa cultivars for new uses.
- Improving nutritional quality in alfalfa.
- Functional genomics in Medicago truncatula.
Current or Planned Experiments
- Transcript profiling of pathogen interactions with DNA microarrays.
- Modification of expression of enzymes involved in primary cell wall synthesis.
- Gene expression analysis from developing seed coats.
- Survey of Upper Midwestern U.S. for brown root rot disease of alfalfa.
- Melinda Dornbusch (Biological Science Laboratory Technician)
- Claudia Castell-Miller (Research Associate)
- Dawn Foster-Hartnett (University of Minnesota Research Associate)
- Jenny Larsen (University of Minnesota Research Associate)
- Lorien Radmer (University of Minnesota Graduate Student)